Saturday, February 15, 2014

My lucky stars and a hilarious follower!

          All week i am struggling to write a post. Its not that i didn't get any ideas on what to write but several things stopped me from doing so. The first two days i want to write something but i told myself that it would be better if i waited and wrote it during the dark of night where my mind will be at peace with out any disturbances. But that time never came, i mean i delayed everything until i am so exhausted i had to hit hibernate and sleep. Its still a mystery how time flies by when i am trying to procrastinate and holds very still when i am doing something important but constantly distracted by something. 

        I always have this conflict with in myself. If you know what you are doing is important but you are still getting distracted, doesn't that mean what i am actually doing takes less priority than that distraction? If it was really A-priority why would i even be distracted in the first place. Sometimes i yield to this logic and happily procrastinate but someother times i just plainly regret i did that but would satisfy myself that since it was already done why bother about it? tell me that's a good attitude right? Yeah, That's the best! Don't you worry! Ofcourse you would say that! Afterall it's what you say that i listen to most of the time!! And you agree with it right? ufff....Calm down! He is just a ghost! 

        Well anyway after those two days i stopped kidding myself but then i found an interesting fact. I am able to open wordpress from my office network! yeah..it is a big deal. Since we have something called websense which basically blocks everything that is good in the internet. Okay, I may be over exaggerating but thats just how frustrated you get, I mean sure i agree offensive sites shouldn't be accessed from office network but don't you think that you can leave it up to your employees to make the decision of not visiting them instad of dictating terms. You will block the torrents naturally anyway because of restricted software instalations but why this? Totally unnecessary usage of resources i say! oh wait! What was i saying?..yeah yeah about that wordpress access. I made a purely logical comparision of using Wordpress over Blogger just because i can access it from office! i know! i know! It doesn't make actual sense to decide over it but as you see, i was having this writers block and i thought if i can write posts from office, i could probably write more often. It's a far faraway assumption but i hoped it just might give me that boost. But then, i thought about you, my readers! Although not many, i think i can actually count you guys with my fingers how many and you not leaving comments doesn't help either. So i began researching how to migrate all posts from blogger to wordpress and maintain both of synchronously. Migration was well, as easy as pie but maintaining both blogs in sync is where i had difficulty. Needless to say i sought THE IFTTT for this task and began testing many recipes, you know to post any new post that i post to blogger into Wordpress and viceversa. It was a success from blogger to wordpress but no matter what recipies i used i just couldn't get the posts from wordpress to blogger which is what i needed in the first place. So thinking about it i decided to test even more recipies for it but you should only imagine the shock i got when the next i couldn't access wordpress also! My face had an expression like one of those troll faces i just never imagined possible to actually enact! I just wondered about the lucky stars that i was born under! I thanked god for this wonderful life (pun intended) and came over it after some time. I was kind of thinking that i could use the excuse that i was trying these syncing recipies but alas now that it also failed what do i write about? But you still wrote about that!! Stop trolling me you backstabbing bastard!\

        So what i actually wanted to write about is...Finally...you said something?(*pointing a imaginary gun towards him...i mean the other me*)..naaah! go ahead!..hehe ( *wicked laugh* ). So while i was testing wordpress, i found something interesting. Actually a lot of bloggers say it sometimes but i just wasn't sure about it. So here i am testing wordpress. I just created a test blog and posted some test posts which are clearly titled First test post, second test post and such so i can be sure when they are reposted into other platform. But when i posted some 3 posts, i got a mail notification saying that someone liked my blog in wordpress. Well, i did create a dummy blog to associate this blog but haven't posted anything in it yet. I only posted into the test blog, so i was curious as to who it is and i opened the mail. Surely, someone who appeared genuine to me liked this so called Second test post. I thought may be she found this hilarious and liked this post but it also says that this blogger said my blog is awesome and inspiring! I am dumbfounded here. Seriously? I randomly opened a wikipedia page and copied the first two paragraphs. What is so inspiring about it? I wondered if it is just spam but profile is authentic and she maintains 3 blogs which are updated quite recently. I am sure it is a marketing stunt of wordpress. Hell, may be she paid them to increase her followers which is yet to be seen ( that is for another post ). But now i am troubled. Is this spamming good or bad? Wouldn't you have an ego boost if your visitor count keeps increasing rapidly?

      Well, as you can see now i got what to write for this post and also another blog to read. By the way i have lot of catching upon reading blogs and books. I don't even know where to start. My inbox is growing with emails of new posts like it was mail-bombed and i haven't completed my first book in 2014 yet. I wonder if i will complete that 50 book pledge to goodreads challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment